Cloud-Native Data Protection Provider Trilio Achieves 300%+ Growth in 1H 2020
Flagship Backup and Recovery Platform Drives Growth in New Customers
TrilioVault for Kubernetes Now Generally Available
FRAMINGHAM, Mass. — July 23, 2020 — Trilio, a leading provider of data protection for cloud-native environments, today announced strong business growth in the first half of 2020 despite the economic slowdown spurred by the COVID-19 pandemic.
1H 2020 Business Highlights Include:
- Annual contract value growth of 314% year-over-year
- New business growth of 281% year-over-year
- New customers include large EMEA telecoms and financial services firms, US-based healthcare companies, global defense agencies and managed service providers
- First TrilioVault for Kubernetes customer wins
- Expanded technology partnerships with Red Hat and IBM, including Red Hat OpenShift Operator Certification and Red Hat Marketplace availability
- New or expanded business partnerships with Acorp, Converge Technology Solutions, Ingram Micro Brasil, Logicalis, Matrix, NexSys and SHI
Trilio Recognized in Gartner Hype Cycle
Trilio was recently named as a Sample Vendor in the Gartner Hype Cycle for Storage and Data Protection Technologies, 2020 report in the Container Backup category (Gartner subscription required). The report states, “Here, Gartner has assessed 24 of the most relevant storage and data protection technologies that IT leaders must evaluate to address the fast-evolving needs of the enterprise.”
“I think all of us had apprehensions about how 2020 would unfold due to the global pandemic,” said David Safaii, CEO of Trilio. “What we found, however, is that prospects with active proof-of-concepts continued to prioritize their data protection projects to build resilient infrastructure, meet service level agreements and adhere to compliance requirements. Additionally, we’re seeing our TrilioVault for Kubernetes engagements ramp with both existing customers and new enterprises. Our differentiated value and message is resonating.”
The company’s results align with recent findings from Enterprise Strategy Group, which revealed that backup and recovery is still a hot market despite the COVID-19 pandemic. In ESG’s survey of IT executives, 26% reported that they are actually increasing their data protection budget and 56% of respondents expected to hold their data protection investments steady.
TrilioVault for Kubernetes Now GA
The company recently announced the general availability of TrilioVault for Kubernetes. TrilioVault for Kubernetes is a cloud-native, application-centric data protection platform that was designed from the ground-up to support the scale, performance and mobility requirements of Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift containers across any private or public cloud environment. TrilioVault for Kubernetes offers backup and recovery of the entire application, including data, metadata and any other Kubernetes objects associated with the application, so it is protected and able to be restored from any point in time.
Recent Company News Highlights Include:
- TrilioVault for Kubernetes Achieves Red Hat OpenShift Operator Certification
- Trilio Recognized with a 5-Star Rating in the 2020 CRN® Partner Program Guide
- D2iQ’s Will Freiberg Joins Trilio Board of Directors
- Red Hat Certified Data Protection Platform For Kubernetes Now Available in New Red Hat Marketplace
- Early Access Availability of Cloud-Native Data Protection Platform for Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift
Trilio is a leader in cloud-native data protection for Kubernetes, OpenStack and Red Hat Virtualization environments. Our TrilioVault technology is trusted by cloud infrastructure operators and developers for backup and recovery, migration and application mobility. Customers in telecom, defense, automotive and financial services leverage TrilioVault to recover from disasters, migrate workloads, move workloads to new infrastructure and migrate to new software distributions. www.trilio.io and @triliodata on Twitter.
Cathey.co for Trilio